The monument to the 62nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment is south of Gettysburg on De Trobriand Avenue. (DeTrobriand Avenue – The Wheatfield tour map) It was dedicated on September 11, 1889.
The 62nd Pennsylvania was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Lieutenant Colonel James C. Hull.
From the monument:
62nd Pennsylvania Infantry.
2nd Brigade. 1st Division. 5th Corps.
Position occupied by the Regiment on the evening of July 2. 1863. After the troops on the right had retired, and where the Brigade had a Bayonet contest.
Carried into Action
Officers 26. Men 400
Killed Officers 4. Men 24
Wounded Officers 10. Men 97.
Captured or Missing Men 40
Total Loss 175.
From the left side:
Recruited in the counties of Allegheny, Clarion, Armstrong, Jefferson, and Blair.
Mustered in July 4, 1861
Mustered out July 13, 1864.
Total enrollment 1600
Killed and died of wounds
Officers 17. Men 147.
Wounded Officers 30 men. 473 men.
Died of disease men 77.
From the right side:
Yorktown, Hanover Court House, Mechanicsville, Gaines’ Mill, Malvern Cliffs, Malvern Hill, 2d Bull Run, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Upperville, Gettysburg, Rappahannock Station, Mine Run, Wilderness, Spottsylvania, North Anna, Totopotomoy, Bethesda Church, Cold Harbor, Petersburg.
Location of the monument to the 62nd Pennsylvania Infantry at Gettysburg
The monument to the 62nd Pennsylvania is south of Gettysburg on the east side of DeTrobriand Avenue 67 yards south of Sickles Avenue. DeTrobriand Avenue is one way northbound. (39°47’45.2″N 77°14’38.7″W)