The monument to the 3rd Massachusetts Battery is south of Gettysburg on the northeast corner of the intersection of Wheatfield Road and Crawford Avenue. (39.79673° N, 77.238083° W; Google map; Tour map: Crawford Ave. & J. Weickert Farm) It was dedicated in 1885 by the State of Massachusetts. A marker on Wright Avenue shows the battery’s position on July 3 (Tour map: Howe & Wright Avenues).
The 3rd Massachusetts Battery was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Lieutenant Aaron Francis Walcott. It brought 124 men to the field and was attached to the Artillery Brigade of the Fifth Army Corps.
From the front of the Wheatfield Rd. monument:
3rd Mass. Battery
From the rear:
July 2 1863
The monument is inscribed with the crossed cannon symbols of the artillery branch of service and the Maltese Cross of the Union Fifth Corps.
From the Wright Avenue marker:
Army of the Potomac
Fifth Corps, Artillery Reserve
Massachusetts Light Artillery
Six 12 pounders
Lieut. A. F. Walcott commanding.
July 3. At 3 a.m. moved to and occupied this position until the close of the battle.
See more on the 3rd Massachusetts Light Artillery Battery in the Civil War