Wright and Howe Avenues today is one of the quieter corners of the Gettysburg battlefield – just as it was in 1863. The Avenues are named for Major General Albion Howe and Brigadier General Horatio G. Wright, who commanded the two divisions of the 6th Corps. The Avenues follow the positions of two brigades of the Union Sixth Army Corps that were held in reserve during the battle to guard against a flank attack behind the Round Tops. They are not part of the National Park Auto Tour.
Select any icon on the map or item from the list below to see more