The monument to the 15th Massachusetts Volunteers is south of Gettysburg on Hancock Avenue near the Copse of Trees. (39.810739° N, 77.2361° W; Google map; Monument map: Hancock Avenue Part 3) It was dedicated on June 2nd, 1886 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The regiment was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel George H. Ward. He was mortally wounded on July 2 and Lieutenant Colonel George C. Joslin then took command. A monument to Colonel Ward about 250 yards to the west of the regimental monument in the field northeast of the Codori farmhouse marks where he fell on the afternoon of July 2nd.
The regiment brought 304 men to the field, losing 23 killed, 97 wounded and 28 missing.
From the front of the monument:
From the rear:
15th Regt. Mass. Vols.
1st Brig. 2nd Div. 2nd Corps.
July 3. 1863.
An iron marker placed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts just south of the Copse of Trees shows the final position of the regiment after it moved north to counterattack Pickett’s Charge on July 3rd.
From the marker:
Fifteenth Massachusetts Volunteers.
The position of this regiment in line of battle
is marked by its monument
235 yards due south.
It charged up to this point and attacked Pickett’s
Division in flank as his troops were coming
over the stonewall.
See more on the 15th Massachusetts Volunteers in the Civil War.