Union monuments at Gettysburg > New York > Infantry


The monument to the 107th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment is southeast of Gettysburg on Slocum Avenue. (Spanglers Spring tour map) It was dedicated by the State of New York in 1888.

Monument to the 107th New York Infantry at Gettysburg

Monument to the 107th New York Infantry at Gettysburg

The regiment was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel Nirom M. Crane. It brought 319 men to the field, losing 2 wounded.

12th Corps Headquarters flag
Attached to the 3rd Brigade1st Division12th Corps
12th Corps, 1st Division Headquarters flag

From the monument:

3rd Brigade 1st. Division 12th Corps
107th N.Y. Infantry

From the rear:

Occupied this position on the morning of July 2d.  Withdrawn at 4 p.m. and sent to near Little Round Top. Returning during the night found these works in possession of the enemy. During the morning of July 3 was in position near Baltimore Pike. Occupied these works at 2 p.m.

From the left side:

Engaged in all the operations of the 12th Corps in the east  and the 20th Corps in the west from Antietam to close of the war

Location of the monument to the 104th New York

The monument to the 107th New York is northwest of Gettysburg on the north side of Robinson Avenue about 50 yards east of Doubleday Avenue. (39°48’53.1″N 77°13’00.2″W)

See more on the history of the 107th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment in the Civil War