The monument to the 120th New York is south of Gettysburg on Sickles Avenue.(39.804666 N, 77.246115 W; Google map; Tour map: Emmitsburg Rd. & Sickles Ave.) It was dedicated in 1889 by the State of New York.
The 120th New York was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Lieutenant Colonel Cornelius D. Westbrook. He was wounded on July 2nd, and Major John R. Tappen then took command.
From the base of the monument:
120th New York Infantry.
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 3rd Corps
From the square tablet on the front:
The One Hundred And Twentieth New York Infantry
held this part of the line on the second day of July, 1863.
Present for duty, 30 officers, 397 men, total 427.
Casualties, from the war department,
Killed in battle, 8 officers, 25 men,
Wounded, 10 officers, 144 men,
Missing 17, Total 204.
From the square tablet on the rear:
Battles in which the regiment was engaged,
From the War Department.
Gettysburg, James City, Mine Run,
Wilderness, Spottsylvania, North Anna,
Totopotomoy, Cold Harbor, Petersburg,
Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom,
Poplar Springs Church,
Boydton Plank Road, (Oct. 27-28, 1864),
Dabney’s Mills, (or Hatcher’s Run),
Petersburg, (or Tucker’s House, (March 25, 1865),
Boydton Plank Road, (March 31, 1865),
White Oak Road, Amelia Springs,
Farmville, Apomattox Court House.
From the round tablet on the rear:
On July 3rd,
supported the left centre of the Army.
Organized at Kingston N.Y.
Mustered into U.S. Service August 22, 1862
Mustered out June 3, 1865
See more on the 120th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment in the Civil War