The monument to the 11th New York Independent Battery is south of Gettysburg on Hancock Avenue. (Hancock Avenue at The Angle tour map) The State of New York dedicated the monument in 1893.
The battery was temporarily attached to Battery K of the New York Light Artillery during the Gettysburg Campaign because of casualties from the Battle of Chancellorsville. Battery K’s Captain Robert H. Fitzhugh was in command at Gettysburg. The batteries were assigned to the 4th Volunteer Brigade, Artillery Reserve.
From the monument:
11th Independent (Havelock) Battery,
New York Light Artillery,
4th Volunteer Brigade, Artillery Reserve,
July 3rd 1863.
Attached to Battery K, 1st New York Light Artillery.
Casualties, Wounded 5.
Organized at Albany, New York, October 26th, 1861.
Mustered into United States service January 6th 1862.
Participated in all battles of the Army of the Potomac from Second Bull Run to Appomattox except Antietam.
Mustered out June 13th 1865.
Location of the monument to the Eleventh New York Battery at Gettysburg
The monument is south of Gettysburg on the east side of Hancock Avenue. It is about 150 yards north of the Copse of Trees. (39°48’49.5″N 77°14’06.9″W)
See more on the history of the 11th New York Independent Battery in the Civil War.