There are two monuments to the 68th Pennylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment near the Peach Orchard on the Gettysburg battlefield. (see Google maps to both monuments)
The first is on Emmitsburg Road and was dedicated in 1886 by the survivors of the regiment. (39.800599 N, 77.250442 W; Tour map: Peach Orchard)
The second, larger monument along Wheatfield Road was dedicated in 1888 by the State of Pennsylvania.
(39.80141 N, 77.24915 W)
The 68th Pennsylvania was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel Andrew H. Tippin. He took command of the brigade on July 2 as senior surviving colonel, and Captain Milton S. Davis then took over the regiment.
From the front of the monument on Wheatfield Road:
68th Penna. Infantry
This monument marks the left of the regiment while supporting Clark’s Battery July 2nd 1863.
The right resting 150 feet north as indicated by flank marker, In the afternoon the Regiment advanced southward into the Peach Orchard where its other monument stands and engaged the enemy. July 3rd and 4th. The regiment was in line with the division on left centre.
Present at Gettysburg
383 officers and men
Killed 3 officers and 10 men
Wounded 5 officers and 117 men
Captured or missing 13 men
1st Brig. 1st Div. Third Corps
From the right (west) side:
Recruited in the counties of Philadelphia Montgomery and Chester
Mustered in September 2nd 1862
Mustered out June 9th 1865
Total enrollment 1049
Killed and died of wounds 10 officers, 58 men, Total 68
Wounded 11 officers and 155 men, Total 166
Captured or Missing 3 officers 100 men, Total 103
From the left (east) side:
From the monument in the Peach Orchard:
Erected by the survivors of the 68th Reg. P.V. Scott Legion
Col. A. H. Tirpin commanding
1st Brigade 1st Division 3rd Army Corps.
In memory of 183 of our comrades who fell on this field
July 2nd and 3rd 1863.
See more on the 68th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment in the Civil War