The monument to the First New Jersey Light Artilery, Battery B is south of Gettysburg on Sickles Avenue. (39.801336° N, 77.247218° W; Google map; Tour map: Sickles Ave. at Excelsior Field) It was erected by the State of New Jersey in 1888.
A position marker is on the west side of Hancock Avenue south of the State of Pennsylvania monument showing the battery’s position on July 3rd. (Tour map: Hancock Avenue Pt. 1)
Battery B was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Captain Adoniram Judson Clark. It brought 143 men to the field serving six 10-pounder Parrott Rifles.
From the front of the monument:
1st New Jersey Light Artillery
Fought here from 2 Until 7 O’Clock on July 2, 1863 firing 1300 rounds of ammunition
Losses, killed 1, wounded 16, missing 3.
Erected by the State of New Jersey 1888.
From the back:
Mustered in Sept. 3, 1861,
Mustered out June 16, 1865.
Engaged in 26 battles including all the important
actions on the Peninsula,
From the marker on Hancock Avenue:
Army of the Potomac
New Jersey Light Artillery
Six 10 pounder Parrotts
Captain A. Judson Clark Commanding
July 2 Engaged in the action in a field near the Peach Orchard retired to the rear about 6.30 p.m. for want of support.
July 3 In line here with the Artillery Brigade during the heavy cannonading and the charge and repulse of Longstreet’s Assault but was not engaged.
Casualties July 2nd Killed 1 man. Wounded 16 men. Missing 3 men. Total 20.
See more on Clark’s New Jersey Battery B in the Civil War