The monument to the 145th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment is south of Gettysburg on Slocum Avenue. (South Culp’s Hill tour map)
About the monument to the 145th New York Infantry
The granite monument is twelve and a half feet tall, A circular bronze relief of the Seal of the State of New York and a bronze star symbol of the Twelfth Corps are on the front. The monument was dedicated in 1890 by the State of New York.
The 145th New York at the Battle of Gettysburg
The 145th New York was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel Edward L. Price of New York City. It brought 245 men to the field, losing 1 man killed and 10 wounded.
See Colonel Price’s Official Report on the 145th New York in the Gettysburg Campaign
From the front of the monument:
145th N.Y. Infy.
1st Brig. 1st Div.
July 2,3, 1863
From the rear:
Killed 1 Wounded 9
Total Loss 10
Location of the monument to the 145th New York Infantry at Gettysburg
The monument to the 145th New York is southeast of Gettysburg on Culp’s Hill, on the east side of Slocum Avenue about 150 yards north of its intersection with Geary Avenue. (39°48’56.4″N 77°13’03.1″W)