The monument to the 63rd Pennsylvania Volunteers is south of Gettysburg on Emmitsburg Road.(39.801802° N, 77.250123° W; Google map; Tour map: Peach Orchard) It is topped by the red diamond that is the symbol of the 1st Division of the 3rd Army Corps. The monument was dedicated on September 11, 1889 by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Monument to the 63rd Pennsylvania Infantry at Gettysburg

The 63rd Pennsylvania was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel John A. Danks.

3rd Corps Headquarters Flag 11C-1D

From the front of the monument:

63d Pennsylvania Infantry
Mustered in at Pittsburgh PA August – September 1861
Mustered out July 31st – September 9th 1864
1st Brigade 1st Division 3d Corps

From the rear:

Present at Gettysburg 296 officers and men
Killed 1 man: Wounded 3 officers and 26 men
Captured or missing 4 men

From the left side:

Pohick Church – Kettle Run
Yorktown – Groveton
Williamsburg – 2d Bull Run
Fair Oaks – Chantilly
Oak Grove – Fredericksburg
Glendale – Chancellorsville
Malvern Hill – Gettysburg

From the right side:

Wapping Heights – North Anna
Auburn – Totopotomoy
Kelly’s Ford – Cold Harbor
Mine Run – Petersburg
Wilderness – Strawberry Plains
Spotsylvania – Deep Bottom

Bureau Bros. Phila

See more on the 63rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment in the Civil War