The monument to the Tenth New York Cavalry Regiment is east of Gettysburg on Hanover Road in between U.S. 15 and Hoffman Road on the way to the East Cavalry Field. (39.822502° N, 77.190339° W; Google map; Monument map: East Cavalry Battlefield south end) It was dedicated by the State of New York in 1888.
On the front of the monument is the brass Seal of the State of New York and at its base, the symbol of the Union Cavalry Corps. It is topped by a handsome horse’s head.
From the front of the monument:
10th New York Cavalry
3rd Brig. 2nd Div. Cavalry Corps
July 2nd 1863. 3 to 8 p.m.
From the rear:
Killed 2, Wounded 4, Missing 3, Total Loss 9.
See more on the 10th New York Volunteer Cavalry Regiment in the Civil War.