The monument to the 9th Michigan Battery is south of Gettysburg on Hancock Avenue across from the State of Pennsylvania Monument. (39.80785° N, 77.235985° W; Google map; Tour map: Hancock Avenue Part 2) It was dedicated in 1888 by the State of Michigan.
The Battery was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Captain Jabez J. Daniels. It brought 119 men to the field serving 6 Ordnance Rifles.
From the front of the monument:
Ninth Mich. Batt’y First Art’y
1st Brig. Horse Artil’y, Cavalry Corps
From the back (bottom right):
Mustered in at Detroit Mich Aug. 29 1862.
Mustered out at Detroit Mich. July 4, 1865
This monument marks the position held by the Ninth Michigan Battery from 12:30 p.m. July 3rd, until 7 a.m. the following morning.
322 rounds of shot, shell and canister expended
One man killed and four wounded
Battery sustained the loss of 23 horses killed in the engagement
From Dec. 1862 to Oct. 1863.
From Nov. 1863 until close of service
See more on the Ninth Michigan Battery in the Civil War