In 2015 the Civil War Trust acquired the Thompson House and 4 acres on Seminary Ridge. All non-historical structures were removed, along with nonessential parking. The ground was returned to its historical contours, and an apple orchard will be replanted. The house itself was returned to its 1863 look, well known through the many photographs and descriptions from the time. It even includes the doghouse, seen in several period photos. A trail with interpretive markers was laid out through the grounds. The restoration was lately complete by October of 2016.
Wayside markers at the Thompson house (Lee’s Headquarters):
(return to main Thompson House-Lee’s Headquarters page)