The monument to the 1st Massachusetts Volunteer Cavalry Regiment is south of Gettysburg on Sedgwick Avenue. (Sedgwick Avenue tour map) The Commonwealth of Massachusetts erected the monument in 1885.
Lieutenant Colonel Greely S. Curtis commanded the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry at the Battle of Gettysburg. It brought 292 men to the field, and suffered no losses. The regiment was attached to the 6th Corps Headquarters.
From the monument:
First Mass. Cavalry
2nd Cavalry Division
on detached service
Location of the monument to the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry at Gettysburg
The monument to the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry is south of Gettysburg on the east side of Sedgwick Avenue. It is about 160 yards north of Wheatfield Road next ro the equestrian monument to Major General Sedgwick.
Sedgwick Avenue is one way northbound. (39°47’45.8″N 77°14’03.0″W)