The monument to the 1st New York Light Artillery, Battery D is south of Gettysburg in The Wheatfield. (39.797429° N, 77.24283° W; Google map; Tour map: Ayers Avenue – Wheatfield) It was dedicated by the State of New York in 1888.
The battery was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Captain George B. Winslow. It brought 116 men to the field serving six 12-pounder Napoleons, losing 10 men wounded and 8 missing.
From the front of the monument:
1st New York Light Artillery
Artillery Brig. Third Corps
From the rear of the monument:
This battery (Winslow’s) held this position during
the afternoon of July 2d, 1863.
Casualties: 10 wounded, 8 missing.
Mustered in Sept. 6, 1861.
Engaged in 32 battles.
Mustered out June 16, 1865.